Sunday, April 8, 2012

Coming Home

Rachelle was released from the hospital today.  Even though the doctor explained all that the surgery would entail, I don't think anyone can truly be prepared for such physical pain and emotional upset.  Having said that, Rachelle managed to maintain her positive attitude and sense of humor; and what amazed me even more is that while she was enduring intense pain and nausea, her thoughts and concerns were for the needs of the sisters in the ward.

Because Rachelle's surgery was so invasive, her recovery is expected to take several weeks.  I suspect she'll be feeling better just in time to start 3 months of chemotherapy.  For the next week or two, Rachelle prefers not to have any visitors.  I have told her siblings this as well.  However, I understand the need to let her know that you are thinking about her; emails, texts and notes are welcome.

Rachelle (and I) are so thankful for the out-pouring of love, kindness and service that has been shown to her and her family.

Please continue to keep to Rachelle and her sweet little family in your prayers.

Thank you,
Dana Aders
(Rachelle's mother)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachelle, I'm happy to hear you are home and that things are looking good. I hope you have a successful recovery and get lots of rest.

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete