Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chemo Days 2-5

They warned me that days 2-5 would be the hardest and most
uncomfortable. Strange how even when they say that I am surprised by
it in the end. Yes, Day 2 is a blur. I am not sure what I did or how
I felt to tell you the truth. I think that is probably a good thing
but it also probably means that my body was just dealing with what was
going on. Then Day 3 rolled around and I was really tired and a bit
shakey. I took a four hour nap when I got home from Sacrament meeting
but I didn't think that was so bad (I mean, I like sleeping). Then
Day 4 blew me off my feet. When they say "bone pain" it doesn't
really register but I am here to tell you that bones can hurt. Now on
Day 5 I think the bone pain is getting a bit better, that or I am just
getting more used to it. I don't know, but whatever it is I will take
it.

The side effects have started. My hair is getting ready to fall out.
I was told that before it comes out it loses it's body and texture and
sure enough my hair is pretty much plastered to my head lifeless.
That's okay. I think I have given my kids fair warning that it is
going to be gone soon. Of course when I reminded them again, one that
shall remain nameless, told me that she would laugh at me when it was
all gone. Opps, did I say she? Well, secret is out I guess. I told
her that was fine. She could laugh, if it makes it easier for the kids
to deal with they can even call me cone head! Not that I am going to
offer that up as an option, but if they come up with it on their own I
guess all is fair.

I did have a favor to ask. Warm showers have really helped with the
discomfort but at the same time the warm water exhausts me. Does
anyone have a shower chair I could borrow? I know it is a strange
thing to have laying around the house but I thought I would ask before
I sent my Mom out to the pharmacy to buy one.

I have had several angels helping me this week and I want to thank
them though I don't know how many people actually read my post. I
have been to tired to feed myself so people have been feeding me. I
have also not been able to take care of my children and there are
people taking care of them and watching out for them. Thank you so
much. It means so much that I don't have to worry about my sweet
little children and I know they are being taken care of and having a
great time too. I am honestly afraid that when I do finally get
better they are going to be bored with me and want to go back to their
friends houses! It is a very real possibilty, y'all need to stop
showing me up ;)
~Rachelle

5 comments:

  1. Rachelle, I have no words. I am not good at explaining my feelings. Just know that my heart aches for you. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will keep Praying for you. Hang in there! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. You are in my prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These updates are fantastic and amazing to read. Rachelle, you're an inspiration not only to me but to everyone who knows you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so amazing! I don't have a shower chair, but I do work at a pharmacy... I will check how much I can get one for tomorrow and let you know if you don't find one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet sister brought over a shower chair for me to use last night. Thank you to all of you that offered chairs, I am looking forward to wasting lots of hot water in the shower!

    ~Rachelle

    ReplyDelete