Saturday, May 12, 2012

Toxins

I had an appointment at the oncologist yesterday afternoon when they
tested my toxicity. My level was at 1.8 and it needs to stay above 1
so for now I am doing alright. I am not sure if it is hard to drop .8
or if it fluctuates easily but for now I don't have to worry about it.
The end result of my appointment was that they told me my levels were
okay and I ended up getting four new prescriptions. Ugh...as if I
don't have enough already. I shouldn't complain, at this point the new
prescriptions are to help with side effects of the chemo so it should
make me more comfortable but I am getting tired of taking a handful of
pills everyday. Also at my appointment my doctor unofficially told me
that I will only need to do one treatment cycle (three chemo
treatments) of Chemo which I am very relieved about. The bottom line
is I will do everything I can to eliminate any risk of getting cancer
again so if they say I need more I will but for now I can't help but
be relieved! Chemo is just no fun!
 
My hair is hanging on but I will probably not have it longer than
another week. I am okay with that. My next post will probably be
about being bald though so be prepared!
 ~Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. I'm always so glad when you update! Hang in there! You're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete